Nomination is currently ongoing for the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) 2021 Award.
The WISE Prize for Education is an award that recognizes an individual or a team for their outstanding contribution to education, and for their resolve to develop an idea or grow their initiative further. The WISE Prize for Education celebrates and shares the laureate’s vision in building the future of education by providing the Laureate(s) tailored support over two years to scale their impact.
The prize is aimed at recognizing the accomplishment of an individual or team in education and their potential in shaping the future of education. Potential WISE Prize for Education candidates can be researchers, education practitioners, policymakers, organization leaders and can belong to any education sector such as early childhood education, K-12, higher education, vocational training, differently-abled development, informal education, distance-based learning, education technology, and lifelong learning.
- must be an individual and not an organization, the nominator could be working with the nominee, part of their community, one of the nominee’s end beneficiaries, or have no relationship with the nominee.
- will fill out the nomination form and should know the nominee’s work very well.
- can fill out the nomination form without informing or asking for information from the nominee. The nominator can also request information from the nominee to fill the form.
The nominator should provide the needed contact information, in case the WISE team would like to contact the nominator for further details.
The Laureate(s) will receive a US $ 500,000 cash prize dedicated to continuing their work in education and a medal.
The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for an outstanding contribution to education. The achievements of the nominated individual or team should have had a significant and lasting impact on education at any level and should demonstrate an inspiring and visionary approach. The nominee(s) should come from any part of the world, but must meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Education: The nominee(s) has proven a continuous commitment to addressing education challenge(s) locally or internationally
- Positive Systemic Innovation: the nominee(s) is a catalyst for systemic change by creating innovative solutions to local or international education challenge(s).
- Leadership: the vision of the nominee(s) is not only innovative but contextually challenges the status quo. The nominee(s) is the driving force behind the project/organization, not simply the director.
- Sustainable Impact: the contribution of the nominee(s) generates a positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries. Shortlisted nominee(s) must clearly outline how the WISE Prize for Education will optimize, grow, and scale their impact.
- The nominator should create an account and complete the nomination form available on the WISE online application system.
- Nomination forms should be completed in English. Any other language will not be considered.
- The nomination form should be submitted before the deadline as the system automatically closes by the timeline, and WISE does not accept nominations after the deadline.
- To prevent any accidental loss of information while completing the form, WISE encourages nominators to save at every step.
- Nominators should fill out all the required questions, the nomination cannot be submitted until all the required questions are completed.
- Each nomination requires two supporters; the two references should be individuals who have worked closely with the nominee from collaborating organizations, previous colleagues…etc.
To submit a nomination, click here