The World Trade Organization (WTO) is looking for talented, highly qualified, and dynamic individuals to join the 2024 Young Professionals Programme (YPP).
A call for applications is now open for the program, which aims at providing young professionals with an opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience in the field of international trade.
The selected young professionals are allocated to a specific division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the organization and based on the areas of interest of the young professional. The areas of work may include accessions, agriculture, dispute settlement, intellectual property rights, government procurement (GPA), competition policy, market access, rules, trade and development, trade and environment, trade in services and investment, trade facilitation, trade policy analysis, and trade-related technical assistance.
- Participants in the WTO Young Professionals Programme will receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500.
- The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
A candidate WTO Young Professionals Programme 2024 must:
- be a national of a WTO member state
- have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- have a minimum of two years relevant experience
- demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work
- be fluent in English.
- A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
Deadline: April 13, 2023.
For more information on World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme, visit the official site.