The World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme (YPP) 2022 welcomes applications from candidates, to its ongoing recruitments opportunities.
The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for qualified young professionals under the age of 32 from developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members to improve their awareness and skills on World Trade Organization and international trade issues. The program aims to expand the pool of professionals from these countries that will be more competitive in the future when applying for jobs at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and other regional and international organizations.
This is a limited-edition initiative that enables selected young professionals to acquire job experience at the World Trade Organization. During the one-year program, there is no guarantee of a program extension or a work offer.
However, the chosen Young Professional will be assigned to a particular Division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the Organization’s needs and goals, as well as the Young Professional’s defined areas of interest. Each Young Professional can express interest in a maximum of three areas of WTO work, in that order.
The areas of work may include, among others, the following:
- Council and Trade Negotiations
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Dispute Settlement
- Trade and Development
- Economic Research and Statistics
- Government Procurement
- Trade and Environment
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Trade Facilitation
- Trade and Gender
- Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures
- Media and External Relations, Etc.
Salary: CHF 3,500 monthly salary (approximate)
To be qualified for the World Trade Organization E-Recruitment, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Advanced university degree in law, economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Applicants must come from one of the member states of WTO
- Awareness of the WTO’s work in general.
- Fluency In English language.
- A knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be advantageous.
- He/she must have a minimum of two years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Ability to function individually and as part of a team.
- International trade and the multilateral trading mechanism piqued by applicant curiosity.
- Trade commitment and enthusiasm.
- Applications from female applicants are strongly encouraged.
- Preference shall be given to nationals from WTO Members without any representation or with low representation
Prospecting candidates are to access the application form online and submit their applications through the e-recruitment system along with their cover letter of motivation.
Deadline: April 29, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.