Applications are currently welcome for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Global Masters Scholarship 2022.
Earn a master’s degree in development practice from one of the world’s top 10 schools, the University of Minnesota’s Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Newton Education Services administers the scholarship on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior. While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
The scholarship will cover;
- full tuition,
- living expenses,
- travel and
- health insurance.
To qualify for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Global Masters Scholarship applicants must
- Egyptian nationals residing in Egypt.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- Be proficient in English language.
- Updated resume
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Deadline: October 13, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.