Applications are welcome for the Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships for Early-Career Researchers 2022.
In 2020, the University of Konstanz won the Henriette Herz Award launched by the Alexander-von-Humboldt-Stiftung to promote the active recruitment of excellent international early career researchers and support their integration into the German and global academic community.
The Foundation uses this award to encourage ideas for how universities might attract foreign talent for themselves and for Germany as a research destination. Scouting for good matches on a targeted basis – a long-standing practice in sports and business – is becoming more relevant in this field as well.
The (post-)doctoral stipends for up to 4 months aim to attract excellent early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The on-site stipends are complemented by a digital fellowship extending it to a 12-month Herz Fellowship. Zukunftskolleg Herz Fellowships will be awarded based on gender and diversity-sensitive nomination.
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Equal Opportunities Office).
- Access to library resources and IT services
- Herz Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be support with up to 900€ (lump sum).
- Herz Fellows were born AND work in a country in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- Hold a doctorate (max 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2020) OR are a doctoral student in his/her final year.
- Herz Fellows do not hold a permanent professorship, nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification.
- Their research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Their academic education was completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa (preferable).
Proposals for the Zukunftskolleg should include:
- A short nomination letter by the local host
And the application documents provided by the nominee and submitted by the localhost (single PDF file):
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- A short motivation letter by the nominated candidate
- 200 word abstract on the joint research project
- Short summary of the candidate’s current research project and outlook on the joint research project
- A detailed work and time plan for the on-campus research
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR letter from their supervisor on the status of the thesis)
Deadline: March 15, 2022.
For more information on Zukunftskolleg, visit the official site.